How to apply
Details and advice on how to make an application for a job vacancy here at RNIB.
Once you have seen a current vacancy that interests you use the link on the job advert to download and complete the application form. You can also email email@example.com to request an application pack. The following formats are available:
- Standard Print (14pt)
- Large Print (please specify the font size you would like)
- Tape (this will take a little longer to reach you)
Guidelines for applicants
Who we invite to interview is based on the information that you provide in your application form. Our guidelines have been produced to help you understand what we look for when we make our decision.
Completing our application form
We ask candidates to complete our application form to ensure that the information is accessible to all our staff who are involved in the recruitment decision. If you wish to send us a CV we will still require you to complete our application form as well, unless you have a disability which makes it difficult for you to do this.
Tips for completing our application form
- You need to answer all questions in the application form.
- In Section 2 please give full details of all previous occupations explaining any gaps. You should put your most recent employment first. Where you are asked to give a brief overview of your duties and responsibilities in each role try and ensure that you make this relevant to the role that you are applying for. Please note that we cannot employ anyone who has previously been employed by our external auditor (currently PwC) within the last 2 years.
- Section 3 is the area where we ask you to tell us how you meet the requirements of the job. This is your opportunity to promote your skills knowledge and experience. Please answer the points in the person specification that have been asked for in the job advert. You may find it easier to deal with each point separately. Where you can, provide us with relevant examples of what you have done. You do not need to answer any of the other points or the behaviours as these will be assessed if you are invited for interview.
- If we have asked for qualifications or membership of professional bodies you will be asked to provide us with evidence if you are invited to interview
- Where we ask for references please provide us with two work based references, one of which must be your present or most recent employer. References will not be contacted without your prior permission.
RNIB is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. For more information on our Equal Opportunities Policy and our policy for the Recruitment of Ex-offenders, download the documents below:
Find out more
If you have any questions about applying for a job with RNIB, or would like to request an application pack, call us on 0207 388 1266 and ask to speak to someone in the Resourcing team or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back you as soon as we can.
You can also gain work experience with RNIB by joining our team of fundraising volunteers or by applying for one of our other volunteering opportunities.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now