Admin Support (Fundraising Peterborough)
- half day a week
- East Midlands
Do you have a confident telephone manner and good organisational skills? We are looking for someone like you to provide excellent admin support to the staff and volunteering in our local fundraising team. This role does not require a DBS check.
What will I be doing?
- Processing banking paperwork - no trips to the bank are required
- Telephoning our supporters and asking how they are doing and seeing if they need any assistance
- Calling businesses, schools/youth groups, membership organisations and associations and providing them with information and requesting support
- Researching target audiences
- Collecting, collating data and sending out mail-shots
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Confidence in taking inbound and making outbound telephone calls
- Good IT skills, including Word and Excel
- To use your own initiative and feel happy working on your own whilst knowing you are part of a team
- Good communication skills, spoken and written
- Good organisational skills
When will I be needed?
A minimum of half day a week
RNIB, Peterborough office
What will I gain from the role?
- Experience for your CV/UCAS application and references
- Learn new and utilise existing skills for the benefit of others
- Secure in the knowledge that you will be making a difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted adults and children in your local area
- The opportunity to meet new people and to be part of a successful, outgoing and fun team wanting to make a difference in their community
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from your fundraising manager (FM)
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email email@example.com.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now