Admin Volunteer - Supply and Demand
- During office hours - Times to be agreed with your volunteer manager.
- East of England
Do you have good communication and admin skills?
We need someone to join our team who enable the supply and demand of accessible information for blind and partially sighted people? You would be required to deal with written enquiries and provide admin support for the production of information in different accessible formats.
This role does not require a DBS check.
What will I be doing?
- Receiving a request for the production of accessible information
- Carrying out a basic review of the work involved for production
- Recording details for the information of production personnel
What skills can I bring to this role?
- An interest in supporting blind and partially sighted people.
- Reasonable literacy
- You would need to have good communication skills and be able to build up a rapport with people within the team.
- You would need to be familiar with computers and basic Microsoft Office applications.
RNIB Peterborough, PE2 6XU
What will I gain from the role?
- Work with a team of professional coordinators
- Learn about the issues faced by blind and partially sighted users of technology.
- Gain experience of interacting with business planning systems
- Gain experience and understanding with Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) - the UK's leading charity offering information, support and advice to almost two million people with sight loss.
- Gain an understanding of our pioneering work that helps anyone with a sight problem - not just with Braille and Talking Books, but with a range of solutions to issues around access to information.
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from your volunteer manager/ co-ordinator
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.