In England RNIB works with Action for Blind People to offer help and support for anyone affected by sight loss. We share resources, skills and expertise to help us reach more blind and partially sighted people with even better services.
How Action for Blind People can help in England
Whether you have just been diagnosed or have a long-term eye condition Action for Blind People offer a range of services to help you live with sight loss:
- At the eye clinic - support if you have just been diagnosed
- Independent living - housing issues, welfare rights and financial advice
- Technology - advice on how technology can help you increase your independence
- Children, young people and families - social, sporting and activity clubs and events
- Work - finding work, developing career skills and setting up a self-employment enterprise
- Drop-in centres - resource centres and shops, mobile sight loss information
Find like-minded people with Action Connect
Action Connect is group of special services where you can get directly involved with Action and others. The Action Connect community is about sharing experiences and knowledge, connecting and communicating with others and being there to support each other.
Members can make contact, communicate and share information with one another in a number of ways:
- Share a link: Sharing online links is a great way to provide other members with interesting and helpful information and resources.
- Find Action Connect members in your local area: Our postcode searcher allows members to find like-minded people close by.
- Share sight loss experiences: Help other people see that they’re not alone by sharing life experiences, or a review of a product or a place.
Join Action Connect today.
Services from Action for Blind People
We're here to help
Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice, and products you need to face the future with confidence. If you or someone you know has a sight problem, our specialist advice workers can help.Contact Us