Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice and products you need from RNIB and Action for Blind People to remain independent.
How to contact our Helpline
Whatever your enquiry, our Helpline team are only a call away. Telephone 0303 123 9999 from Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.30pm.
Please note our Christmas opening hours are as follows:
- Thursday 24th December open until 5pm
- Friday 25th December - closed
- Monday 28th December - closed
- Tuesday and Wednesday normal opening hours.
- Thursday 31st Decmber - open to 5pm
- Friday 1st January - closed
- Monday 4th January - normal opening hours.
If you’re in distress
Samaritans are available 24 hours a day.
Telephone 08457 909090
Calls cost no more than a standard rate call to an 01 or 02 number, and count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. The price of calls varies between different providers, including between landline and mobile companies, so check with your provider if you are unsure.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online contact form.
How we can help
If you contact our Helpline, we can:
- Give you free information about your eye condition and available treatments
- Direct you to the people, services and organisations there to help, both locally and nationally, including voluntary groups and support from social services
- Let you know about any financial benefits, concessions and grants that you could be entitled to
- Recommend everyday products that can help make life easier, available from our online shop and other centres
- Suggest ways you can continue to enjoy your hobbies and leisure time
- Help you join and use our library service of over 40,000 titles in braille, Moon, giant print and audio
- Let you know about employment, training and education opportunities
- Advise on housing options, whether staying in your own home or moving elsewhere
- Provide access to emotional support and counselling services
- Or simply to offer a listening ear
Our specialist advice workers will spend time with you over the phone, making sure the support they give is right for you. We'll call you back a few weeks later to find out how you're getting on and what else we can do to help.