Help us send Freddy on a magical journey...
"Without talking books, I would really feel I was missing out." Freddy
By supporting us today, you could help more blind and partially sighted children like Freddy explore new and exciting worlds through RNIB Talking Books.
Nine year old Freddy loves listening to his favourite books. Whether he's being transported to Narnia or planning mischief on the Hogwarts Express, when listening to a talking book Freddy dreams of a world in which he can join his favourite characters and go on the most fantastic adventure.
However, for many blind and partially sighted children it isn't that simple. Right now there are thousands of children in the UK who can't enjoy the excitement of a good book. Currently, only seven per cent of books available in giant print, unabridged audio and braille (including titles available in these formats as eBooks), and because of this, many children are missing out on this invaluable experience and opportunity.
Your help could ensure talking books are available to more children like Freddy. Not only do books spur the imagination and provide escapism, but they can help improve literacy and confidence by allowing children to talk with friends about their favourite books. Please help by donating now, and you could help provide this vital service to many more children.
What your support could do
Your support could make a huge difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted children like Freddy:
- £20 could help us pay for more copies of existing recordings, bringing great stories to more children.
- £50 could give a child the gift of talking books for a year.
- £100 could go towards the recording of a popular new book - ensuring children with sight loss enjoy the same stories as their friends.
- £125 could help pay for large braille book which hundreds of children access through our children's library.
- £2,500 could help record a new talking book for all users to enjoy.
We appreciate your support, and your kind donation is used wherever the need is greatest.
If you have any questions about making a donation to us, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).