We've teamed up with Skyline Parachuting, one of the UK's largest skydive organisers, who’ll coordinate your jump and make sure you are fully prepared in the run up.
On the day of the jump and arrival at the airfield, you’ll spend time with a professional trainer until you are ready to take the leap. Once you’re up in the air and harnessed to your parachute instructor, you will skydive from 10,000 feet, free falling for several thousand feet before deploying the parachute at 5,000 feet. You'll then glide under the canopy before your instructor steers you safely to the ground.
You need to pay a £70 (non-refundable) registration fee to our skydive provider Skyline, and we ask you to commit to fundraise a minimum of £475 in sponsorship.
We ask that 80 per cent of your fundraising (£380) is sent to us at least two weeks before your skydive and the remaining 20 per cent (£95) is with us six weeks after your jump.
Your registration fee covers 30 per cent of your skydive cost, and the rest is paid from your fundraising. The rest of your fundraising then goes directly to supporting people with sight loss.
We recommend fundraising online through www.justgiving.com, it’s quick, easy and secure and all the money you raise comes directly to us without you having to send it in. If you choose to fundraising offline, you need to make sure all your sponsorship is with us at least two weeks before your jump.
No. You will not be able to recoup the cost of your registration fee, as this goes towards paying for the cost of your jump. As a charity we need to cover all of the costs, whilst making a reasonable profit to help RNIB continue supporting people with sight loss.
Yes you can, and we welcome this option if you can afford it. This means every penny you fundraise comes straight to RNIB. It cost RNIB approximately £230 per skydive. If you would like to do this, or have already paid for your jump, please contact the RNIB Events team.
Our experienced events team will be there every step of the way to support you. We’ll make sure you’re prepared for the big day so you have the best experience, and help you raise as much money as possible.
Once you’re signed up we send you an RNIB t-shirt and fundraising pack full of our top tips and tricks, and will be in regular contact in the lead up to your jump to make sure you're all set to make that leap!
You can contact the RNIB Events team on 0345 345 0054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
We have reserved spaces on 23 September at each of the airfields listed on page three, so we can get everyone together and fill the skies with RNIB skydivers. However, if you can’t make it to one of these airfields, let us know and we can arrange for you to take part at one of the other 11 airfield sites across the UK: Perthshire, Bridlington, Lancaster, Brigg, Nottingham, Norwich, Brackley, Swindon, Maidstone, Honiton, and Cornwall.
We want to hold the biggest ever RNIB skydive! This is why we want to get everyone jumping on the same day. However, if you’re not available on this date, you can still join us, because you can book a skydive on any other day of the week, all year round.
You must be at least 16 years old to take part, and if you’re between the ages of 16 and 18, you’ll need permission from a parent or guardian. There is no upper age limit, but if you’re over 40, you’ll need a signed medical form from your doctor. Most airfields require jumpers to be under 15 stone in weight, but this can be lower or higher depending on the airfield. All of these restrictions will be identified when you register with our Skydive organiser Skyline.
You will be required to sign a medical form before jumping to declare your fitness to take part. There are some restrictions in relation to medical conditions like diabetes, epilepsy, fits, recurrent blackouts, heart or lung disease, mental illness and some cases of asthma. Full details will be stated on the registration form when you sign up, and if you have any of the medical conditions stated, you will need to have your medical form signed by your doctor.
If you are a UK resident, you will automatically be covered for up to £2,000,000 third party insurance, but this will not cover you for any personal injury. If you wish to take out personal injury cover, you will need to arrange this yourself.
Of course! Most airfields have professional filmers available to capture your big jump. There will be an additional cost, which you’ll have to pay yourself and you'll need to contact the airfield in advance to organise the filming.
Please contact our friendly RNIB Events team, who are here to answer any questions you may have. Please call 0345 345 0054 or email email@example.com.