Weekly Lottery terms and conditions
Important information about the RNIB Weekly Lottery
RNIB Weekly Lottery rules
- The draw will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, then the draw will take place on the next working day.
- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the Weekly Lottery.
- Any person who has entered the Weekly Lottery who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries.
- RNIB reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the Weekly Lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by post within 14 days and a list of winners will be published on our website the next working day after the draw.
- The cost of each entry is £1 per week. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw.
- For one week, three times a year we run a Super Draw, where we put the first prize up to £10,000 for that draw only. The Super Draws will take place in August, December and March.
- RNIB reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be transferred directly into the winners' bank accounts or paid by cheque within 21 days of the draw.
- RNIB accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. RNIB is not liable for any late bank payments.
- RNIB is committed to operating the Weekly Lottery in a socially responsible way and to making information regarding problem gambling readily available. Please refer to our responsible gaming web page or contact us for more information on our Lottery Helpline; 0845 6016 936
- Employees of RNIB, who are directly involved in the running of the Weekly Lottery, are ineligible to enter the Weekly Lottery.
- No detail in the application may be changed in any way once it has been submitted, except for change of address.
- Entrants must be UK residents.
- This Lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The Direct Debit guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Royal National Institute of Blind People will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Royal National Institute of Blind People to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Royal National Institute of Blind People or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Royal National Institute of Blind People asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
By contacting us by text you consent to us getting in touch with you about our weekly lottery, and telling you how you can support our work by taking part each week.
RNIB will not be liable for delays or failures in receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile phone device.
This SMS service is being provided for RNIB by a third party provider.
Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile number, your carrier's name and the date, the time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide.
Unsubscribe from calls and texts
If you'd prefer we didn't call you, text: NOCALL RNIB to 70755.
If you'd prefer we didn't text you, text: NOSMS RNIB to 70755.
It is also possible to unsubscribe from calls and texts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
RNIB is licensed by the Gambling Commission, and this lottery is run under the rules laid down by the Gambling Act 2005.
The RNIB Weekly Lottery is intended to be a fun way to support RNIB and the vital work we do. If you feel you have a problem with gambling you should visit GamCare's website where you can get help and advice or contact the GamCare National Helpline on 0808 8020 133 (lines are open from 8am until midnight).
The person responsible for this lottery is:
105 Judd Street
Registered charity no. 226227.
The profits from this lottery will go directly to support RNIB.
Play the Weekly Lottery
Our Weekly Lottery is your chance to win some fantastic cash prizes as well as a fun and simple way to support RNIB's vital work. Sign up to play the Weekly Lottery online today!Play now