Freefall parachute jumps
Join Team RNIB and jump for free! Training and jump are free if you raise at least £535, the minimum amount of sponsorship.
- Register online to freefall jump with Team RNIB
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0845 345 0054 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Jump all year round
This is the ultimate jump for an adrenaline junkie. The accelerated parachute jump is the first part of the professional skydiver's course. You will have a full day's ground training from two qualified instructors before you dive solo from 10,000 feet.
Your day will start with a full day’s training including practical and classroom sessions covering all areas of making a solo skydive from 10,000 feet!
Whilst you will skydive solo (ie with nobody attached to you) your two instructors will jump with you and be by your side until approximately 5,000 feet when you pull your parachute canopy. From that point you will steer your parachute on your own but will be guided to the drop zone by ground control who will talk you down all the way.
Freefall: the facts
- standard deposit fee: between £60-£100, dependant on location
- training/jump fees: approximately £300
- jump altitude: 10,000 feet
- duration: two days
- jump solo
- British Parachuting Association approved certificate
- first level of a professional skydivers course!
Age and weight restrictions
- Age: 16 to 55 inclusive
- Weight: under 15 stone.
Where can I parachute jump?
- From 22 locations throughout the UK, including three in Scotland and one in Northern Ireland.
When can I parachute jump?
- Seven days a week - pick the day you jump to suit you!
Why should I join Team RNIB?
As a member of Team RNIB you will receive:
- a welcome pack packed with fundraising tips and expert training and nutrition advice from For Goodness Shakes
- regular newsletters
- opportunity to join the RNIB online community and meet others taking part in this challenge
- excellent customer care from the moment you register until after your challenge.
You can register online to Freefall parachute jump and join Team RNIB!
Why fundraise for RNIB
Every day 100 people in the UK start losing their sight. RNIB gives people who have lost their sight vital support to help them find their lives again. Right now RNIB can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Join Team RNIB and help us reach them all.
Not for you?
If parachuting isn't for you, why not check out our full events and challenges calendar. We have so many amazing events lined up, from 5kms to marathons, bike rides to overseas adventures and triathlons.
Talk to Team RNIB
Do you have a question or want to find out more about any of our challenge events?Contact us