Driver - Loughborough College
- Week days according to need
- East Midlands
Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people?
We are looking for someone to drive blind and partially sighted students from Loughborough College to work placements across Leicestershire using the college minibuses.
To comply with RNIB insurance requirements, applicants must be aged 25 or over. The driver must have D1 classification and hold a full clean driving license for three years or more.
An up-to-date MIDAS certificate and Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
What will I be doing?
- Driving learners from the college to various workplaces around Leicestershire area
- The drivers will need to be able to navigate their own way to the placements in the Leicestershire area
- Maintain basic cleanliness of college vehicles
- Liaise with College staff and employers
- Reporting any issues with the College vehicles
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good driving skills
- Awareness of the needs of people with disabilities
- Good communication skills, able to communicate with staff and learners at different levels.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Proactive at dealing with difficult situations with learners
- Flexible approach to working hours
When will I be needed?
Weekdays - this role is flexible depending on the availability of the volunteer and needs of the learners.
Where will I be volunteering?
At Loughborough College and around the surrounding area.
What will I gain from the role?
- Increased knowledge of working with young people with disabilities
- Customer facing environment experience
- Practical driving experience
- Route finding experience
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from your volunteer manager/ co-ordinator
- Access to full staff training programme
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.