Employment Hub Facilitator
- East of England
Do you believe blind and partially sighted people should have the same opportunity to work as their sighted peers? Our employment hubs exist to help blind and partially sighted people prepare for the workplace, search for roles and gives them a helping hand into employment. We need your help to facilitate these clubs.
What will you be doing?
- Making appropriate contributions
- Link between group and staff
- Helping participants become "job-ready"
- Helping them to learn how to research suitable opportunities effectively and to construct/update their CV's and submit job applications
- Helping us to organise groups and book people into sessions.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to ask questions sensitively
- A natural empathy with people
- Computer skills
- Confident and Patient
- Excellent listening skills
- Experience of working with people
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Relate to a wide cross section of people
- Respond in a sensitive & supportive way
- Work in confidence with information.
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with a variety of people
- Working with people with sight loss
- Meeting new people
What support will you be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision & Support from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed?
Flexible - Monday to Friday during office hours
Norwich Action Team office or at the Ipswich Blind Society offices in Ipswich.
This role does not require a criminal record check
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now