Fundraising Projects Organiser
- East Midlands
Do you enjoy seeing a project through from start to finish? Are you interested in joining our fundraising team working with them to identify fundraising opportunities and organise events to help raise awareness and funds to make everyday better for blind and partially sighted people.
This role will not require a DBS Check.
What will I be doing?
- Researching and identifying fundraising opportunities
- Liaising and networking with groups and businesses
- Promoting our services
- Generate more supporters
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life
- Be self driven and motivated to support us
- Be able to organise and plan, set and achieve targets in a specific geographical area
- Have access to telephone, e-mail and internet services
When will I be needed?
We ask that you commit to supporting us at least one day per week, for approximately 6 hours.
You can choose the day most suitable for you. We ask that you volunteer the same day every week although we understand that from time to time you may need to change the day.
Office or home based, however if home based we would need you to attend an RNIB office for training and for meetings with other volunteers in the same role.
What will I gain from the role?
- You will develop your existing communication skills and develop new skills
- You will become part of a successful and friendly team
- An insight into raising funds for a large national charity.
- An opportunity to develop your organisation and planning skills within your volunteering role.
What support will I be given?
- Induction and Introduction to RNIB
- Training on the role and what it involves.
- Supervision and support from the fundraising team
- Expenses - all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email email@example.com.