This activity looks at your ability to wash and bathe, including washing your whole body and getting in and out of a bath or shower that has not been adapted.
Questions relevant to sight loss
The legal tests are:
- Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to wash or bathe (2 points)
- Needs supervision or prompting to be able to wash or bathe (2 points)
When answering the questions think about:
- What aids do you use to help you bathe? Bumpons to help you identify different bottles? A shower seat? A grab rail? Anything else?
- Can you get in and out of a bath or shower safely?
- Have you had any falls or accidents when bathing?
- Can you tell the difference between items such as shampoo and shower gel? Do you have to use any methods (labels or keeping items in specific places) to help you to identify these items?
- Do you have to use a particular type of razor to shave with?
You should put your answers to these questions in the section on the form called "Extra information".
Download this page