Shopping help and support
Advice and tips on shopping for blind and partially sighted people.
Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice and products you need. We’re only a call away. Call 0303 123 9999 or email: email@example.com.
We’re ready to answer your call Monday to Friday 8.45am. Outside these times leave us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Standard rate call charges apply.
RNIB and Action for Blind People Resource Centres
There are several Resource Centres across the country where you can drop in for information, product demonstrations and to buy products.
At the Resource Centres, you can:
- get advice on products to suit your needs
- attend product demonstrations
- try products before you buy them
- find out how to get to your local Resource Centre.
There are a range of shopping publications that can also give you information and advice about shopping.
Receiving great customer service can make travelling easier and safer. If you want to make sure that you're receiving the right level of customer service for you, or you'd like to find out how to challenge poor customer service you've experienced when on a journey, download our free guide:
- Your guide to getting great service, (Word, 119 KB)
- Your guide to getting great service, (PDF 577 KB)
Your local social services department may be able to help you with your shopping. The help that they are able to offer you will depend on what local services are available and what you are eligible to receive.
- Age Concern groups sometimes have volunteers who help with shopping. You can telephone the Age Concern Helpline on 0800 731 4931 to find your nearest group.
- Consumer Direct is the government-funded telephone and online service if you have a consumer issue or need legal advice. Visit the GOV UK consumer advice pages or call 08454 040506. The service operates from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
- A Welsh-speaking Consumer Direct service is also available on 08454 040505 or visit the online Welsh advice pages.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now