- East of England
Do you have the skills to assist us to carry our internal audits of operational teams across RNIB?
You will help to provide an unbiased and objective view of how operational areas conform to ISO standards and identify where improvements can be made.
This does not require a criminal record check.
What will I be doing?
- Planning, conducting and reporting on internal audits to a pre-arranged schedule
- Talking to operational staff and managers to evidence how operational areas follow processes and meet requirements
- Working with other internal auditors, to identify areas for improvement and non-conformities
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Knowledge of ISO standards (although training will be given)
- Experience of conducting internal audits
- Reliability and good organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow processes, documentation and produce written reports
When will I be needed?
Specific hours to be agreed but we need someone able to commit to completing an internal audit in a block of time, usually 2-3 days per audit plus a small amount of preparation time. The exact number of audits to be agreed.
Where will I be volunteering?
At RNIB Peterborough.
What will I gain from the role?
- Experience of working as part of a small team.
- Gain understanding of operational processes in a production environment.
- Satisfaction from supporting our production processes to meet the needs of blind and partially sighted people.
What support will I be given?
- Ongoing support from the Volunteer Manager
- Training on internal audit and relevant standards (ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 22301)
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now