Local events to help you use research and evidence
- Post date:
- Friday, 21 March 2014
A series of workshops in locations across England, Scotland and Wales is being run to make research and evidence more accessible to eye health and sight loss professionals.
The workshops will address the following questions, and consider how this information can be applied:
- what do national surveys tell us about the lives of people with sight loss such as their health, employment, transport and wellbeing?
- what information on people with sight loss is available for your local area?
- how can you measure service outcomes and evidence impact?
- how can you stay in touch with, and influence, developments in research?
The workshops are free to attend, will be interactive and allow opportunity for networking.
Locations and dates and for the first workshops are:
- Bristol - Tuesday 11 March
- London - Monday 14 April
- Preston - Monday 12 May
- York - Monday 19 May
Further dates will announced in the coming weeks for workshops in Scotland, Wales, Birmingham and a second date in London.
To find out more, and to book a place, please contact:
Telephone: 020 8090 9269
Or visit the Thomas Pocklington Trust website
The workshops are one strand in a programme of activity to share knowledge and learning across the sight loss sector, and have been made possible through a grant awarded to RNIB, Natcen Social Research and Thomas Pocklington Trust from the Economic and Social Research Council.
Read more of the latest research news from RNIB and our partners.Research news