Emotional support and befriending research
Blind and partially sighted people require a range of support to help get on with everyday life. Changes in sight loss or personal circumstances can mean a need for fresh advice and support.
Finding Your Feet - Next steps project: Strategic impact evaluation
This final report presents the overall findings of the evaluation of RNIB Finding Your Feet - Next Steps Project. Two programmes are included in the Finding Your Feet programme suite: Striding Out and Steps into Work. Published 2013.
- Finding Your Feet - Next steps project: Stategic impact evaluation (Word, 431 KB)
- Finding Your Feet - Next steps project: Strategic impact evaluation research briefing (Word, 217 KB)
Emotional support and counselling
Research into emotional support and counselling within an integrated low vision service, providing an evidence base for emotional and social support for people with sight loss. Published 2010.
- Evaluation of emotional support and counselling brief (Word, 191 KB)
- Evaluation of emotional support and counselling report (Word, 352 KB)
- Presentation on the evaluation of the service (PowerPoint, 444 KB)
- Presentation on the evaluation of the service (Word, 65 KB)
RNIB Talk and Support Telebefriending Service
A longitudinal study of the social and psychological benefits for adults with sight loss from participation in weekly telephone social groups. Published 2008.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now