Living with Sight Loss Workshop Support
We are looking for organised and enthusiastic volunteers to support with the administration and delivery of a programme of workshops for blind and partially sighted people.
The Living with Sight Loss workshops provided by Leeds Vision Consortium (LVC) provide advice and information to people who have recently experienced sight loss, to enable them to remain as independent as possible.
This role does not require a DBS check.
What will I be doing?
- Setting up the room, taking the register and serving refreshments
- Guiding group members around the venue
- Supporting members to complete paper work and forms
- Encouraging individuals to take an active part in discussions
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing with the public and/or blind and partially sighted people
- Friendly and approachable
- Able to exercise patience and discretion
When will I be needed?
You will be asked to attend at least one full programme, one morning per week (10am -1pm) for 6 weeks. There are six programmes a year that you can help out with.
Various venues in Central London.
What will I gain from the role?
- Personal satisfaction from helping blind and partially sighted people
- Learn new skills and gain experience of working in a group environment
- An insight into the sight loss sector
- Meet new people within the community
- Meet like minded people at volunteer meetings and events
- Potentially the opportunity to develop onto an additional role, to facilitate and deliver a workshop
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from LVC Volunteer Development Co-ordinator and Health and Well Being Co-ordinator
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.