Men's Group Facilitator - Yorkshire and Humber
- Yorkshire and Humber
We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic individual to facilitate a Men's Group who meet once a week. The volunteer is needed to offer practical help to our blind and partially sighted members and to encourage and support them to organise activities and outings. This will enable members to fully participate and interact in the group, run by Leeds Vision Consortium.
This role requires an enhanced DBS check.
What will I be doing?
- Helping to organise activities and outings
- Accompanying the group on activities and outings and offering one-one support where needed
- Guiding within the venue and when out and about
- Welcoming new members
- Organising group meet ups and contacting members
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication skills and experience of dealing with the public and/or blind and partially sighted people
- Good organisational skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Flexible and responsive to individual needs
When will I be needed?
Fortnightly on Tuesdays 11am - 3pm (some flexibility required)
Based at Action for Blind People, Fairfax House, Wade Lane, Leeds LS2 8JU but also various venues throughout Leeds depending on activities.
What will I gain from the role?
- Personal satisfaction from helping visually impaired adults
- Learn new skills and gain experience of working in a group environment
- Meet like minded people at volunteer meetings and events
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from LVC Volunteer Development Co-ordinator
RNIB Group Volunteering Team
Telephone: 0845 603 0575
Our vision is of a world in which blind and partially sighted people enjoy the same rights, freedom, responsibilities and quality of life as people who are fully sighted.