Peterborough Greyhound Stadium – Raffle Ticket Seller
- Once a month
- East of England
Do you enjoy meeting people?
We are looking for someone to help us sell raffle tickets on the second Friday of every month at Peterborough Greyhound Stadium. Your help and the support of the stadium will raise funds to make every day better for blind and partially sighted people in your community. This role does not require a criminal record check.
What will I be doing?
- Set up an information table at the Peterborough Greyhound Stadium Race Nights (all materials will be provided)
- Sell raffle tickets to the public at the door on entry and then around the stadium
- Draw the raffle and inform the commentators of the winning ticket number
- Give the prize to the winner
- Bank the income and update the Community Fundraising Manager with progress and results
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Basic communication and mathematical skills
- Friendly, confident and outgoing
- Use your own initiative and feel happy working on your own whilst knowing you are part of a team
When will I be needed?
The second Friday of every month in 2014 from 6pm to 10pm
Peterborough Greyhound Stadium - Fengate, Peterborough PE1 5BJ
What will I gain from the role?
- Secure in the knowledge that you will be making a difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted adults and children in your local area
- The opportunity to meet new people and to be part of a successful, outgoing and fun team wanting to make a difference in their community
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Training and support from your volunteer manager/ co-ordinator
- Opportunity to attend team meetings
- A free drinks voucher to use on the night you volunteer
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now