Receptionist - Scotland
Are you friendly, welcoming and good with people? RNIB Hillside Crescent office requires enthusiastic volunteers to greet visitors in the reception, assist with a variety of enquiries and direct visitors to the appropriate person or service.
This role does not require membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
What will I be doing?
- Greet visitors/customers at reception and assisting with their enquiries
- Answering telephone enquiries and directing calls to the relevant person
- Record and relay messages to unavailable staff
- Assisting with a variety of administration tasks
- Prepare rooms so that they are ready for use
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident telephone manner
- The ability to manage varying work loads
- A welcoming and friendly nature
- Computing skills and experience with Microsoft packages desirable
When will I be needed?
Our Edinburgh office is open during office hours Monday to Friday and we are hoping to have a group of volunteers who can collectively cover certain periods throughout the week, so we can maintain our service to blind and partially sighted people. We ask you to commit a minimum of 2 hours per week, and are currently looking for help on Monday to Friday.
RNIB, 12 Hillside Crescent, Edinburgh, EH7 5EA
What will I gain from the role?
- Development of skills in supporting and working with blind and partially sighted people
- The opportunity to assist people with visual impairments
- Experience of working in both an office and customer facing environment
- Experience of managing rooms and buildings in preparation for events
- The opportunity to develop communication, interpersonal and general office skills
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss training
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from your volunteer manager/ co-ordinator
RNIB Group Volunteering Team
Telephone: 0845 603 0575 / 01733 375 450
Our vision is of a world in which blind and partially sighted people enjoy the same rights, freedom, responsibilities and quality of life as people who are fully sighted.