Our Advice Service is a specialist team dedicated to providing you with in-depth help and advice on a range of issues.
Our friendly team provide a listening ear and are able to give advice to blind and partially sighted people, carers, friends, relatives and organisations helping people.
What we can advise you on
Issues we can help with include:
- common eye conditions and making the most of your remaining sight
- the help you are entitled to from your local authority
- registering your sight loss
- benefits, concessions and grants that you could be entitled to
- daily living (including shopping, travel and technology)
- leisure activities and sports
- sources of local support and other organisations that may be useful to you.
As well as answering one-off enquiries, we can take the time to talk through a range of issues that are relevant or of interest to you. We can also provide short-term and medium-term casework and advocacy.
If your enquiry is about something that we cannot help with directly, we will always try to find you details of other organisations that can advise you.
Contact our Advice Service
Call us through the Helpline on 0303 123 9999 from Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.30pm.
Calls cost no more than a standard rate call to 01 or 02 numbers, and count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. The price of calls varies between different providers, including between landline and mobile companies, so check with your provider if you are unsure.
You can also email email@example.com.
Use our benefits calculator to check which benefits you are entitled to. Our calculator will ask you some questions about your circumstances and then tell you how exactly much you could be missing out on.Use the benefits calculator