Welcome to the July/August 2014 edition of NB, the magazine for eye health and sight loss professionals
- Scotland unveils sensory impairment strategy
NB reports on a new initiative to improve services for sensory impaired people.
- There's an app for that
Especially in healthcare, but can they really help with eye conditions?
- Information is for sharing
NB picks out some useful information to share with colleagues and clients.
- "Listen to each other, understand each other and appreciate each other"
Anita Lightstone, UK Vision Strategy Programme Director, discusses her career in the eye health and sight loss sector.
NB Live 2014
- Supporting people with sight loss and dementia
What eye health and sight loss professionals need to know about dementia and sight loss.
- Glaucoma on the agenda
Two new developments are on the horizon for glaucoma patients.
Birthmarks near the eye can affect the development of childrem's vision, but treatments are available.
- Columnist Suzie Simons on her powerful speech at NB Live
"How could I write about the most difficult thing that ever happened to me?"
- "I think Deaf and deafblind people are the most marginalised people in our society"
A social worker and qualified rehab worker discusses his role
- Workplace dilemma
Our panel helps resolve a problem surrounding a young lady with a learning difficulty
- Welcome to Jordan
An optometrist on his remarkable journey to teach low vision assessments to students
- Appreciate these apps
A look at some useful apps and RNIB's website of the month