Therapies offered at RNIB Pears Centre
We offer a range of therapies to children and young people with multiple disabilities and complex health needs at RNIB Pears Centre for Specialist Learning in Coventry.
Specialist therapies for children and young people
Our range of therapies enables children and young people to access the curriculum and leisure activities more effectively, and to maintain and extend their skills and capabilities.
The following approaches are part of our provision at RNIB Pears Centre:
- speech and language therapy
- water therapy
- music and creative therapy
- occupational therapy
- habilitation and mobility
- proactive behaviour management
- clinical psychology
- complementary therapy.
What our therapy team offer
Our on-site therapy team can provide:
- individual programmes of hydrotherapy and physiotherapy
- assessment and guidance in relation to postural and seating equipment
- support for the management of programmes to address challenging behaviour
- individual programmes to enhance and facilitate communication
- guidance in eating and drinking
- advice on the use of augmentative systems of communication
- support for communication and the expression of feelings and emotions through music
- advice and training for staff in moving and handling techniques.
Admissions to RNIB Pears Centre
Find out how to apply for places at our nursery, school or children's home.
Ofsted and CQC reports
Read the latest Ofsted and Care Quality Commission (CQC) reports for our school and children’s home.
Donate to RNIB Pears Centre now
Your donation can help us to provide wonderful experiences for children and young people with multiple disabilities and complex health needs who are blind or partially sighted, at RNIB Pears Centre for Specialist Learning.Donate now