Parents and families - RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence
Our parents and families page is a great way to let you know what’s happening at RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence.
Here you’ll find terms dates and access to our newsletter, plus find out how to you can get involved as a Friend of RNIB Sunshine House School.
Diary dates and events at RNIB Sunshine House
School term dates 2015/2016
Autumn term 2015
Thursday 3 September to Friday 18 December 2015
- 1-2 September: Staff training days - school closed to pupils
- Thursday 3 September: Children return. First day of new academic year
- Friday 23 October: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Monday 26 October to Friday 30 October: School closed for half term break
- Monday 2 November: Staff training day - school closed to pupils
- Tuesday 3 November: Children return
- Friday 18 December: Last day before Christmas break. Finish at 1.15pm.
- Monday 21 December to Friday 1 January: School closed for Christmas break.
Spring term 2016
Monday 4 January to Thursday 24 March 2016
- Monday 4 January: Children return from Christmas break
- Thursday 11 February: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Friday 12 Febraury: Staff training day - School closed to pupils
- Monday 15 to Friday 19 February: School closed for half term break
- Monday 22 February: Children return from half term break
- Thursday 24 March: Last day before Easter break. Finish at 1.15pm
- Friday 25 March to Friday 8 April: School closed for Easter break
Summer term 2016
Monday 11 April to Wednesday 20 July 2016
- Monday 11 April: Children return from Easter break
- Monday 2 May: School closed for public bank holiday
- Friday 27 May: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Monday 30 May to Friday 3 June: School closed for half term break
- Monday 6 June: Staff training day – school closed to pupils
- Tuesday 7 June: Children return from half term break
- Wednesday 20 July: Last day of academic year. Finish at 1.15pm
Download the Term dates for parents and carers 2015-2016 (Word 2,078 KB)
Read our latest newsletters
End of academic year 2014/2015
Summer term 2015
Spring term 2015
Results of our parent's survey
The results of our 2013 survey show that parent/carer satisfaction with RNIB Sunshine House School is high. We received an average response rate of 79 per cent on all 38 questions asked.
However, we are now looking to focus on areas that we feel can be developed, including:
- Communicating how the school supports pupils to prepare for change and develop the skills of resilience.
- Looking at how we help our pupils prepare to contribute to the wider community.
- Reviewing our strategies on bullying, healthy eating, drug and alcohol awareness.
Friends of RNIB Sunshine House School (FOSH)
FOSH was formed as a charity to support families and raise money for the children of RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence. We do this by arranging outings and social events enabling families to get together.
We have a committee, made up of parents and teachers, who support our children. If you would like to join us please contact us by phoning 01923 82 25 38 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information check the following sections: