Parents and families - RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence
Our parents and families page is a great way to let you know what’s happening at RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence.
Here you’ll find terms dates and access to our newsletter, plus find out how to you can get involved as a Friend of RNIB Sunshine House School.
Diary dates and events at RNIB Sunshine House
School term dates 2014/2015
Autumn term 2014
Wednesday 3 September to Friday 19 December 2014:
- 3-5 September: Staff training days - school closed to pupils
- Monday 8 September: Children return. First day of new academic year
- Friday 24 October: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Monday 27 October to Friday 31 October: School closed for half term break
- Monday 3 November: Children return
- Friday 19 December: Last day before Christmas break. Finish at 1.15pm.
- Monday 22 December to Friday 2 January: School closed for Christmas break.
Spring term 2015
Monday 5 January to Friday 27 March 2015 There will be another training day where the school will be closed to pupils during the Spring term – this will be advised when confirmed.
- Monday 5 January: Children return from Christmas break
- Thursday 12 February: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Friday 13 Febraury: Staff training day. School closed to pupils
- Monday 16 to Friday 20 February: School closed for half term break
- Monday 23 February: Children return from half term break
- Friday 27 March: Last day before Easter break. Finish at 1.15pm
- Monday 30 March to Friday 10 April: School closed for Easter break
Summer term 2015
Monday 13 April to Wednesday 22 July 2015:
- Monday 13 April: Children return from Easter break
- Monday 4 May: School closed for public bank holiday
- Friday 22 May: Last day before half term break. Normal finishing time
- Monday 25 May to Friday 29 May: School closed for half term break
- Monday 1 June: Staff training day – school closed to pupils
- Tuesday 2 June: Children return from half term break
- Wednesday 22 July: Last day of academic year. Finish at 1.15pm
Read our latest newsletters
- Sunshine House Newsletter - June 2014 (pdf, 861 KB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - June 2014 (Word, 12.9 MB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - July 2014 (pdf, 420 KB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - July 2014 (Word 1.59 MB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - October 2014 (pdf, 475 KB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - October 2014 (Word, 7.8 MB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - November 2014 (pdf, 571 KB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - November 2014 (Word, 1.1 MB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - December 2014 (pfd, 815 KB)
- Sunshine House Newsletter - December 2014 (Word, 1.1 MB)
Results of our parent's survey
The results of our 2013 survey show that parent/carer satisfaction with RNIB Sunshine House School is high. We received an average response rate of 79 per cent on all 38 questions asked.
However, we are now looking to focus on areas that we feel can be developed, including:
- Communicating how the school supports pupils to prepare for change and develop the skills of resilience.
- Looking at how we help our pupils prepare to contribute to the wider community.
- Reviewing our strategies on bullying, healthy eating, drug and alcohol awareness.
Friends of RNIB Sunshine House School (FOSH)
FOSH was formed as a charity to support families and raise money for the children of RNIB Sunshine House School and Residence. We do this by arranging outings and social events enabling families to get together.
We have a committee, made up of parents and teachers, who support our children. If you would like to join us please contact us by phoning 01923 82 25 38 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information check the following sections:
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now