We are working closely with Ofsted to improve our service at RNIB Pears Centre and we’re doing absolutely everything we can to put things right. Here are some of the things we’ve already got under way:
- Leadership – we have a team of senior leaders who are working proactively to make sure we’re doing everything it takes to put things right at Pears Centre. Our Interim Chief Executive and Chair are personally overseeing this.
- Management - we’ve put in place a new management team including an independent project manager to make urgent changes at Pears Centre and implement the Service Improvement Plan.
- Service Improvement Plan – we’ve appointed an independent expert in children’s services who is reviewing our Service Improvement Plan and making sure it delivers urgent improvements.
- Training – we will be providing additional training to all staff members to make sure they understand the changes that have been made and what they need to be doing differently.
- Care plans – we are in the process of reviewing and updating every child’s individual care plan to make sure it is the very best it can be.
- If you have any questions about this news, you can call the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or email [email protected].
- Read about the inquiry on the Charity Commission website.