'Sooty' Charity Box Collector (Fundraising)
- We can be flexible around your availability although we will require a regular monthly commitment.
- Closing date:
- Thursday, 31 July 2014
Are you friendly and outgoing?
We need you to visit local shops, pubs and leisure centres to pick up our full Sooty collection boxes , replace them with new boxes, count the money that has been kindly donated by the public and take the money to the bank.
Due to insurance requirements, you must be aged 18 or over to do this role
This role does not require a DBS check.
What will I be doing?
- Building relationships with local retailers and frontline staff to ensure Sooty gets the best spot in the house.
- On a regular basis collect, accurately record and bank these donations.
- Investigate new venues for Sooty and future opportunities for community fundraising.
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication skills.
- A full driving licence with use of own car would be an advantage, both to cover the area and the need to carry money to the bank which occasionally can be heavy. Alternative transport arrangements may be looked at, where possible, on an individual basis.
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Friendly, confident and outgoing
- Good organisational and planning skills (which would help with route planning).
- Use your own initiative and feel happy working on your own whilst knowing you are part of a team.
When will I be needed?
We can be flexible around your availability although we will require a regular monthly commitment.
Areas local to you, however willingness to travel on occasion would be helpful.
What will I gain from the role?
- Secure in the knowledge that you will be making a difference to the lives of blind and partially sighted adults and children in your local area.
- The opportunity to meet new people and to be part of a successful, outgoing and fun team wanting to make a difference in their community.
- Learn new and utilise existing skills for the benefit of others.
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from your volunteer manager/ co-ordinator
- Opportunity to attend team meetings
- You will be supported by your fundraising manager (FM).
To apply for this role, please complete and return the application form (Word 166KB).doc to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org