SOS Older People's Group Support
- Yorkshire and Humber
Are you patient and friendly with good communication skills?
We need you to provide practical support and assist with activities in a group setting to older people who have sight loss and dual sensory loss.
This role requires an Enhanced DBS Check.
What will I be doing?
- Guiding members of the group; including assistance to and from arranged transport
- Preparing and serving refreshments
- Organising, setting up and putting away activities e.g. bingo, quizzes, crafts
- Walking guide dogs during the session
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Good communication skills
- Caring and understanding
- Able to exercise patience and discretion
- Flexible and responsive to individual needs
When will I be needed?
Every other Wednesday 9.30-3pm.
Jewish Welfare Board, 311 Stonegate Road, Leeds, LS17 6AZ.
What will I gain from the role?
- Personal satisfaction from helping older people with a visual impairment
- Learn new skills and gain experience and confidence working with older people with sight loss
- Meet new people within the community
- Meet like-minded people at volunteer meetings and events
What support will I be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Expenses – all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
- Supervision and support from LVC Volunteer Development Co-ordinator and Dual Sensory Loss Co-ordinator
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email email@example.com.