Technology Information Volunteer
- Six hours a week
- East Midlands
Are you interested in assistive technology and research?
We need someone to research local training courses suitable for blind and partially sighted people. You will also assist our team at information events and source potential assistive technology funding. This role does not require a criminal record check.
What will I be doing?
- Researching local training events and courses which might be of interest to people with sight loss
- Updating our database and website to allow service users, their families, carers and professionals to find out about these events
- Looking for local and national sources of funding which might be of use to blind and partially sighted people to enable them to purchase assistive technology
- Assisting staff with information events
What skills and qualities can I bring to this role?
- Friendliness, enthusiasm and reliability
- Knowledgeable of using the Microsoft Office suite of programmes, particularly Word, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Ability to undertake research
- Able and willing to make a regular commitment to volunteering
When will I be needed?
The hours are flexible, but we would look at a commitment being given of around six hours a week (which might be over more than one day a week, if that fits in with your availability).
Where will I be volunteering?
The role will be based in your local Action Team office at RNIB College Loughborough.
What will I gain from the role?
- A sense of satisfaction of having helped to improve the lives and independence of people with sight loss
- Experience of working as part of a committed team of staff
- Learn new skills and developing existing ones
What support will I be given?
- Induction to Action for Blind People and your new role
- Understanding sight loss pack
- Supervision and support from staff within our local team
- Expenses - all out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed including expenses to attend training
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email email@example.com.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now