Techshare Europe 2014
Technology for Life
RNIB's Techshare Europe will take place on 4 - 5 September 2014 at the Glasgow Science Centre, Scotland. There is still time left to register - it is advised that you to book your place by Friday 29 August to avoid disappointment if you are interested in attending.
Interest has been high for our most exciting programme yet and we are grateful to our supporters: Google, Adobe, Cirrus Logic and Glasgow City Council:
We are delighted to announce newly confirmed input to the event:
- Civic reception, hosted by Glasgow City Council at the Glasgow Science Centre on Thu 4 Sept
- Kiran Kaja, Accessibility Program Manager, Adobe
- Krispian C. Lawrence, Co-Founder and CEO, Ducere Technologies
- Demo of the new RNIB-Moviereading audio-description app on Thu 4 Sept evening
The conference will feature sessions on Technology for Life; Digital Accessibility; Digital Solutions; International Solutions; Travel and Wellbeing.
Our exciting line up of high profile speakers previously confirmed includes:
- Eve Andersson, Manager, Accessibility Engineering, Google
- Kevin Carey, RNIB
- Sarah Herrlinger, Senior Manager Special Markets, Apple
- Petteri Alinikula, Director of Sustainability and Accessibility, Microsoft Mobile Devices
- Daniel Hubbell, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Axel Leblois, President and Executive Director, G3ict - The Global Initiative for Inclusive ICTs
- Neil Heslop, Group Director, RNIB Solutions
- Professor Paul Springer, Buckinghamshire New University and author of “Pioneers of Digital”
- Dr Stephen Hicks, Oxford University
- Jackie Killeen, Scotland Director, Big Lottery
- Paul Schroeder, American Foundation for the Blind
- Mario Giardini, Peek Vision and Lecturer, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Stephen Gilmore, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Trish Gorely, University of Stirling
The conference will also feature an exciting range of fringe events:
- Google product showcases, featuring Android, Chrome and Google Glass
- Demo area including Learning, Reading and Entertainment zones
- Marketplace of exhibitors
- History of Talking Books exhibition
Techshare ticket cost
Conference package: 4 and 5 September (including dinner): £130
- 4 September only (not including dinner): £40
- 4 September only (including dinner): £80
- 5 September only: £80
Please note that RNIB members, volunteers and students are entitled to a 50% discount.
Book your place at Techshare
Booking is now open! Please complete your booking by 27 August online or download the document and return it to RNIB by post, places are on a first come fist served basis.
RNIB Members only
RNIB Members are welcome to attend the fringe activities only for free at the following set times.
Thursday 4 Sept 12.00 – 14.30
Friday 5 Sept 10.00 – 12.00
Please note that you must register to attend one of these sessions – email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Latest technology news
Read more of our latest technology newsTechnology news