Telephone Group Facilitator
Are you a good listener?
We need you to facilitate one of our weekly telephone groups that offer blind and partially sighted people the opportunity to socialise with others.
You will contribute to the group to ensure that all participants feel comfortable and that the group conversations run smoothly.
This is a telephone-based role that you can do from home.
What will you be doing?
- Listening to the group conversation
- Making appropriate contributions
- Creating a friendly and welcoming atmosphere thus encouraging all participants to feel comfortable taking part
- Being the link between the group and the RNIB Talk and Support team
What skills and experience are needed?
- Empathy with partially sighted people
- Good listening skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Work with wide range of people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Working with people with sight loss
- New experiences and skills
What support will you be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision & Support from your Manager
When will you be needed?
This role does not require a criminal record check.
To apply for this role, please complete and return the Volunteering application form (Word 166 KB) to email@example.com. If you would like the application form in a different format (such as standard print, large print, braille or audio) or if you have any general enquiries, please contact the Volunteering Team on: 0845 603 0575 or 01733 375 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.