Videos from the Sensory Engagement Programme
Throughout the Sensory Engagement Programme (SEP) we have used music, drama and dance as powerful tools to let participants express themselves and build their confidence.
Sensonic focused on celebrating what our participants have achieved and capturing their spirit of creativity, particularly in the first ever UK City of Culture year.
We have captured the essence of the programme in a selection of videos from the SEP programme which are featured here.
A celebration of culture from people with sensory loss, this event was held on 14 May at the Venue in Derry/Londonderry and formed part of the City of Culture celebrations in 2013.
The Sensory Engagement Programme (SEP) has promoted active citizenship to end exclusion for people with sensory loss. Drama and dance have served as powerful tools for participants to express themselves. The culmination of many months hard work was realised at The Playhouse theatre in Derry/L'Derry in July 2013 in the event, "Sensability".
The performances narrated life experience, awareness raising topics and personal stories. It is believed that the event has pioneered the first fully accessible theatre performance with audio description, captioning and British sign language (BSL) and Irish sign language (ISL) interpreters. It is hoped that indeed this is the first of many to occur across Northern Ireland and beyond].
Sensory Engagement Programme Videos
You can watch videos of the performances on the Sensory Engagement Programme on our YouTube channel:
- Watch the How I communicate video on YouTube
- Watch the My life video on YouTube
- Watch the Smile in a box video on YouTube
- Watch the I want to be me video on YouTube
- Watch the Laurel and Hardy video on YouTube
- Watch the Goldfish video on YouTube
- Watch the Contrary Mary video on YouTube
- Watch the Scorched video on YouTube
- Watch the Voice on a SatNav video on YouTube
- Watch the Love is blind video on YouTube
- Watch the Anne's shopping trip video on YouTube
We're here to help
Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice, and products you need to face the future with confidence. If you or someone you know has a sight problem, our specialist advice workers can help.Contact Us