Interview skills and top tips
Preparing for a job interview? Read our list of advice points and discover links to further job seeking support and resources.
Going to a job interview can be a stressful experience, but you will find it much easier if you have spent time preparing in advance.
These are some top tips for you to consider before attending an interview.
- Arrange any adjustments in advance. For example, if you have to complete a test you may need a large print version.
- Plan your journey and know what transport links you need to catch. You're unlikely to get the job if you are late.
- Make sure you know about the Access to Work Scheme.
- Dress appropriately.
- Be confident and practise good posture.
- Research the organisation and content of the job.
- Re-read your application form.
- Research and think about who is interviewing you.
- Think about what questions you might be asked and plan your response.
- Think about your disclosure strategy.
- Prepare some questions to ask at the end of the interview
Further information about interview preparation and performance is available in our main Employment section.
Frequently asked questions
Search our most frequently asked questions to find the detailed answers you need about benefits, eye health, education, employment, travel and much more.Search FAQs