Lisburn in focus
Funded by the Big Lottery Fund under the Safe and Well Programme, we aim to turn the City of Lisburn into a model of excellence for people with sight loss.
This is an exciting and innovative project. It brings together a range of activities to promote the health and well being of people with sight loss in the Lisburn City Council area.
Retailers and other businesses will benefit too. They will learn how to make themselves more attractive to people with sight loss and so gain their custom.
Our partners in this project are:
- To make blind and partially sighted people feel secure in their homes.
- To provide safe and clear public spaces and a mobility guidance system.
- Ensuring all written information in Lisburn is accessible.
- Training services and businesses in visual awareness.
- To promote social and cultural events.
When did it start?
The project started in March 2010, and the grand launch was held in April 2010. Look out for further details on the News and Events page and in the local press.
If you'd like to learn more or to get involved with the Lisburn in Focus project, please email email@example.com or telephone 028 9032 9373.
15-17 Gloucester Street,
Find us on Facebook
Sign up to the Lisburn in Focus newsletter
Keep up to date with all the latest campaign news and action from Lisburn in Focus. As one of our many campaign supporters, you can help us make a real difference.Sign up now