Please read this section carefully as it is legally binding on you. Your use of the RNIB website means you accept these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of this website.
"RNIB" means Royal National Institute of Blind People, a charity registered under number 226227 and SCO39316 in Scotland. RNIB is a company incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales, company number RC000500 with its registered offices at 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE.
"Website" means www.rnib.org.uk
or any other website under RNIB's ownership or control from which a link has been created to these Terms and Conditions.
"You", "your" and "yours" means the person(s) accessing the website.
"We", "us" and "our" means RNIB.
"Material" means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these Terms and Conditions or your use of the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Material on this website
- Material on our website is provided for information purposes only.
- Whilst every care is taken in compiling the information on the website we do not make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or reliability.
- We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice.
- Certain information on the website may contain typographical or other errors or be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such information.
- We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
Images on this website
No medical advice
- Our website does not offer medical advice.
- Nothing contained in the website is intended to constitute professional advice for medical diagnosis or treatment.
- Nothing contained in the website is intended to advocate or recommend the purchase of any product or use of any service or to endorse or guarantee the credentials or appropriateness of any health care provider.
- You are strongly advised to consult with an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
RNIB external links policy
- Where we provide links to other websites, we do so for information purposes only.
- We are not responsible for the content or accessibility of any other websites or pages linking to or from our website or social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- We have not verified the content of any such websites and links to other websites do not imply any endorsement of the material on those websites.
- If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
External websites linked to from this website or from our social media accounts may not conform fully to RNIB's recommended accessibility standards. If you think an external website is not accessible, you may like to contact Fix the Web
and let them know.
If you would like to request a link from our website to your website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We get lots of requests for links, so you may not get a direct reply to your request, particularly if we feel the link isn't suitable.
By submitting content to this website (including RNIB Connect) you;
- represent that you are fully entitled to do so;
- warrant that the content you submit is accurate where it states facts;
- is genuinely held where it states opinions;
- provides clarification where there may be any ambiguity between what is fact and what is opinion; and
- is lawful.
- warrant that the content you submit does not;
- infringe any copyright, trademarks, other intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity;
- contain any material which is defamatory;
- contain any material which is obscene or offensive;
- contain malicious code, viruses or other harmful programmes or material; including but not limited to spyware, adware, devices, programs, robots, iframes, hidden pictures, redirects, spiders, computer scripts or other automated, artificial or fraudulent methods designed to deceive;
- encourage, promote or incite any unlawful conduct; or,
- mislead, deceive or misinform:
- grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-terminable world-wide right and licence to use, reproduce, copy, publish, modify, translate, licence, sub-licence, distribute, show in public and create derivative works or incorporate the content into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe; and
- authorise us to adapt the relevant content and in the course of doing so waive your moral rights to object to any lawful treatment, or to be identified as the author, of the original material or any derivatives.
- agree to indemnify us and any related third parties in full from and against all third party claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) incurred or suffered by such persons arising out of or related to your content and/or any breach by you of any term in these Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to reject, block, suspend or remove the content you submit at any time and in our sole discretion. We in no way guarantee that your content or any part of it will be displayed on our website.
You must not reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else in your general use of our website. Personal information provided as part of the registration process and/or use of the restricted areas of the website available to registered users of RNIB Connect is subject to conditions specific to such registered users and is not determined to be general use of the website.
Personal information is any information that relates to a living individual who could then be identified from that information. Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, email address, date of birth and phone number.
Personal information can also be determined as sensitive. Sensitive personal information includes but is not limited to information about race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health condition, sexual orientation and criminal record.
Use of the Website and Copyright
You may access, view and download copies of material contained in the non-password protected parts of the website as long as you comply with these Terms and Conditions and:
- you use the material for information purposes and for your non-commercial, personal use only;
- all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are kept on the material; and
- you do not modify, reproduce, display, distribute the material or perform the material for any public use without prior written consent from RNIB.
The website is intended for people accessing it from within the United Kingdom. We cannot guarantee the site or the information it contains complies with or is appropriate for use in other countries. If you are under 18 years old you must comply with the eligibility terms and have permission from a parent to use the website.
Whilst we try to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
All visitors to this website who agree to comply with our Terms and Conditions can participate by posting comments. Users who sign up to RNIB Connect (“Registered Users”) will have additional opportunities to create content and get involved with further community activities.
As a condition of registering with our Website, in addition to the Terms and Conditions for general use, you agree to the additional terms applicable to Registered Users.
You must be at least 18 years old to become a Registered User of RNIB Connect via this website.
Registration and user account information
You warrant that the information you provide during the registration process, any modifications made to it or information provided from time to time via your user account subsequent to registration, are truthful and accurate. You also warrant that your use of the areas of the website for registered users is lawful.
RNIB Connect is situated in a password protected area only accessible to Registered Users. Registered Users are required to keep their account information including but not limited to their password confidential and should not share this information with any other person.
Registered user privileges
As a Registered User you will be permitted to submit content to the website that non-registered users cannot, and to communicate with other Registered Users. If you do not comply with the terms applicable to Registered Users contained herein, we reserve the right to suspend you from using the Website, accessing the Registered User areas and/or contacting other Registered Users without notice.
Notice and Take down policy
RNIB does not review, filter, or exert any type of editorial control over the content posted by Registered Users and accepts no responsibility or liability for the statements made or opinions expressed by any Registered User.
For clarity we may from time to time amend the format of posted content in order to ensure maximum accessibility for our specific audience of visually impaired people, but we in no way apply any controls referred to in the previous paragraph over the content of the submission whilst doing this.
We encourage any visitor to our website or Registered User to notify us immediately of any content they feel may be obscene, offensive, disrespectful to anybody, or in any way inappropriate. On notification we will suspend that content in order to investigate its submission, and consider what further action to take.
The content of any posting only gives the views of the Registered User posting such content and not necessarily of RNIB. RNIB accepts no responsibility for any such content or for decisions made or actions taken based on or as a result of such content.
You are encouraged to use your own good judgment when evaluating information and content provided by other Registered Users.
Neither we nor any other party involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the website for any amount or kind of loss or damage (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damage) or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence, contract or otherwise) in connection with your use, inability to use or the results of use of the website, any websites linked to the website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the website or your downloading of any material from the website or any websites linked to the website.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), fraud, or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter.
If your use of the website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of your equipment, software or data, you assume all costs of this.
Privacy and Data Protection
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Please check back regularly because the amended Terms and Conditions will apply to your continued use of the website. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be extended or superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of the website.
Contacting us about our Terms and Conditions