We believe that being blind or partially sighted shouldn't mean giving up the right to being able to independently get around.
A well placed road crossing, a clear pavement or provision of accessible bus information could stop a town centre becoming a no-go area.
Government and public bodies regularly consult on their plans and it can be a great opportunity for us to influence. It could be a Parliamentary Select Committee looking for evidence, a public body producing guidance or even the first draft of a piece of legislation.
In the 'Seeing Sreets Differently report, we provide recommendations for Local Authorities and Department for Transport on how to make our streets inclusive.
In the 'Who put that there! report we call for reviewed policies and guidance to enable blind and partially sighted people to get out and about safely and independently.
In the 'Stop for me, Speak to me' campaign report 2013 we called for dramatic improvements in bus travel for passengers with sight loss.
- RNIB’s response to the DfT’s review of the Highway Code (32KB)
- RNIB response to proposed Manchester to Chorlton scheme Consultation .docx (31.35 KB)
- RNIB response to Office of Road and Rail assisted travel consultation.docx (154.45 KB)
- RNIB, Thomas Pocklington Trust and Guide Dogs response to Department for Transport blue badge consultation on eligibility 2018.doc (Word, 628.5 KB)
- RNIB response to the DfT Accessibility Action Plan Accessible Streets and Shared Space 2017.docx (Word, 49.66 KB)
- RNIB Response to the DfT Accessibility Action Plan consultation 2017.docx (Word, 91.15 KB)
- RNIB response to the House of Commons Women and Equalities Committee inquiry into disability and the built environment (Word, 141 KB)
- RNIB response to the consultation on the draft Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (Word, 187KB)
- RNIB response to the Transport Select Committee Inquiry (Word, 195 KB)
- RNIB and Guide Dogs response to the DfT's consultation on Blue Badge Eligibility (Word, 36KB)
- Blue badge reform programme response (Word, 198KB)
- RNIB response to the Public Consultation on the extension of the North-South Cycle Superhighway (Word, 194KB)
- RNIB response to the Public Consultation on the Midland Road and Euston Road/Judd Street Junction - Proposed Walking and Cycling Improvements (Word, 201KB)
- RNIB response to the Public Consultation on Brunswick Square - Walking and Cycling Improvements (Word, 230KB)