Skydiving - The Big Jump

Sunday, 23 September 2018
Image of a tandem skydive

Are you ready for the thrill of a lifetime? Take on a Skydive for RNIB for an unforgettable experience.

  • Date: 23 September 2018
  • Registration Fee: £70
  • Sponsorship Pledge: £475

Join RNIB for our Big Jump in 2018!

You’ll be part of a massive team of RNIB skydivers taking to the skies on the same day and making the leap to support people with sight loss. 

Skydiving is the sensory experience of a lifetime. The magnificent aerial views of Earth, the unique sensation of freefalling through the sky as the wind rushes past your ears, and the overwhelming emotion as your parachute releases and you glide back to solid ground.

We will be jumping ‘en masse’ on Sunday 23 September to mark the beginning of National Eye Health Week 2018 and to raise vital funds and awareness for people with sight loss.

We want everyone to join us for this challenge. Whether you're blind, partially sighted, or sighted we want all our RNIB skydivers to support each other and face their fears together. Everyone will jump with a trained instructor which means no one will go it alone.

Event brochure

Check out Jason’s skydive for RNIB and get a taste of what’s in store


How does your fundraising help?

Every day in the UK, 250 people start to lose their sight. Their lives will change completely and far too many people are left alone to cope. Right now, we can only reach one in three people who need our support. By jumping with Team RNIB, you'll be helping to make sure no one is left to face sight loss on their own.

Choose from our six airfields across the UK and take the plunge!

  1. Northern Ireland, Coleraine 
  2. Scotland, St. Andrew's 
  3. England, Durham
  4. England, Grange-over-sands
  5. England, Cambridgeshire
  6. England, Salisbury
  7. England, Swindon

Register for The Big Jump

Please contact [email protected] if you'd prefer to register over the phone or require a word document version of the registration form.

How does it work?

  • Sign up and pay your registration fee to our event partners, Skyline Parachuting. 
  • Send 80 per cent of your sponsorship (£380) directly to RNIB at least two weeks before your skydive and the remaining 20 per cent (£95) six weeks after your jump. 
  • We’ll pay for your skydive costs out of your sponsorship money, with the remainder supporting people with sight loss.

What support will you receive?

Team RNIB skydivers receive outstanding support:

  • Expert and personalised support from our friendly events team
  • A fundraising pack bursting with top tips
  • An RNIB t-shirt and fundraising materials

More events, information and advice