We had a lot of fun reading the gardening tips that were sent in by you!
We've now selected a few and as we received so many great ones, we’ll be updating this page with new tips in the weeks to come, so make sure to check back for more.
- Don’t place plants too close together, give them space to grow.
- Grow plants with plenty of scent to create a pathway.
- Use toilet or kitchen roll centres as an alternative to pots when planting seeds, especially long rooted plants.
- Use large coffee jar lids as pot feet. They are free, strong, last longer than pottery ones and recycled!
- Paint your hand tools with bright red nail varnish. It’s easier to find them when lost!
- Save corks from wine bottles. Drill a small hole at one end of the cork and push it on the top of a support cane (they are normally made of plastic, bamboo or wood, and are placed in a pot to provide support so that a plant can stand up on its own). This saves money buying plastic tops and protects you from being poked in the eye.
- Sit back with a cuppa and listen to nature!
- Keep weeds controlled by regular hoeing.
- Keep new plants well watered.