The RNIB Weekly Lottery rules
- The draw will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, then the draw will take place on the next working day.
- Applications must be from players aged 16 years old or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the RNIB Lottery.
- Any person who has entered the RNIB Lottery who is under 16 years old will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries.
- RNIB reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the RNIB Lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by post within 14 days, a list of winners will be published on our app on the day of the draw, and on our website on the next working day.
- The cost of each entry into the Weekly Lottery is £1. You may purchase more than one entry but the maximum number of entries is ten x £1 per person per week. Payment must be received (and cleared) before entry to the weekly draw. The maximum combined value of Weekly Lottery entries and raffle tickets you may purchase in any twelve month period is £1,000.
- If a player has more than one line of numbers (chance) each line of numbers has to be unique.
- Players not wishing to choose their own numbers will be given randomly allocated numbers (from our system).
- Different players may be able to have the same set of numbers as another player.
- If the first prize is drawn and more than one player has that set of numbers, the first prize value will be shared equally between each winner.
- All other prizes (other than first prize) will be paid in full and not shared even if there is more than one winner.
- Where a request is made to change from our randomly selected numbers to numbers chosen by the player, the change will be made as quickly as possible and certainly within 14 days of receipt of the request. Players will have no claim on any prize until RNIB has made the necessary update. Similarly, players will have no claim to any prize awarded to the randomly selected numbers after RNIB has made the change to a player’s chosen numbers.
- If a player has more than one line but not sufficient funds to pay for all, the first line will be entered into the draw first, second line second, etc based on how much credit the player has in our system.
- A Super Draw will be run for at least one week within the year.
- Prizes will be drawn in order – first prize will be drawn first, second prize second, third prize third and will continue in this order until all prizes have been drawn.
- There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Cash prizes will be transferred directly into the winners’ bank accounts or paid by cheque within 21 days of the draw.
- RNIB cannot accept CAF payments for Weekly Lottery entries and all CAF payments will be treated as donations.
- If an entry is paid by monthly Direct Debit, £4 or £5 (or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one line) will be collected per month directly from your bank account, dependent on the number of draws in between your payment dates. This will enable entries to be made into every draw.
- RNIB accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. RNIB is not liable for any late bank payments.
- RNIB is committed to operating the RNIB Lottery in a socially responsible way. If you, or someone you know, need information and/or help with problem gambling, please call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit gambleaware.co.uk
- The RNIB Lottery is open to all residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland over the age of 16, except employees of RNIB who are directly involved in the running of the lottery, RNIB agencies and other companies directly involved in the running of the lottery.
- RNIB reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
- We may request to use the winner(s) name, photograph and other reasonable details for publicity purposes.
- This lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on this website.
- The Promoter’s decision in all matters relating to the Weekly Lottery is final. The Promoter operates a complaints and disputes procedure which is available on the Website http://www.rnib.org.uk/about-rnib/contact-us and by post on request or upon you making a complaint to the Weekly Lottery Helpline on 0345 601 6936. All complaints and disputes will be handled in accordance with the procedure. If your complaint relates to the outcome of your gambling transaction and cannot be dealt with by the Promoter to your satisfaction, you have the right, free of charge, to have the matter referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (ibas-uk.co.uk) an independent organisation offering alternative dispute resolution (“ADR”) services . Referral of the dispute to an ADR entity will not restrict your right to bring proceedings in respect of the dispute in a court of competent jurisdiction.
The Direct Debit guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, Royal National Institute of Blind People will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Royal National Institute of Blind People to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Royal National Institute of Blind People or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Royal National Institute of Blind People asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
- By contacting us by text you consent to us getting in touch with you about the RNIB Lottery, and telling you how you can support our work by taking part each week.
- RNIB will not be liable for delays or failures in receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile phone device.
- This SMS service is being provided for RNIB by a third party provider.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile number, your carrier's name and the date, the time and content of your messages and other information that you may provide.
If you'd rather not hear from us
- If you'd prefer we didn't call you, text: NOCALL RNIB to 70755.
- If you'd prefer we didn't text you, text: NOSMS RNIB to 70755.
- If you'd prefer we didn't send you any communications at all, text: NOCOMMS RNIB to 70755.
- It is also possible to unsubscribe from calls and texts and all future communications by emailing [email protected] or calling us on 0345 601 6936 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).
Help with gambling
You can find more information and get help regarding gambling by visiting the Gamble Aware website or calling 0808 8020 133 (8am - midnight seven days a week).
Person responsible: Sarah Crush, RNIB, 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE. Tel 0345 345 0054. Licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain under the 2005 Gambling Act, licence number 4968 Gambling Commission of Great Britain. No one under 16 years of age may buy or sell lottery tickets. Any person under 16 automatically forfeits the right to any prize. RNIB charity numbers 226227 and SC039316.
The profits from this lottery will go directly to support RNIB.
We are committed to operating the RNIB Lottery and raffles in a socially responsible way.
Read more about our Fundraising Promise.