Our new website is here!
Our new website is live! For the past six months we've been working hard to develop our new website. It is quick and easy to use whether you’re viewing from a desktop computer, tablet or your mobile and it is accessible to the highest standards.
If you visit our website often we know it can be confusing when things change, so here is a summary of the main differences with our old website:
- We’ve created two new sections – Recently diagnosed to help anyone who is dealing with the emotional impact of sight loss, and Services we offer which gathers together everything we can offer you.
- We have a new section all about our Advice and support services which includes our specialist advice team and our emotional support and legal rights teams.
- If you’re looking for our Research and knowledge hub there is a link at the top of every page.
- If you’re looking for information specific to your area there is a link at the bottom of every page to Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales/Cymru.
- Our information and Advice for professionals can be found via the link at the bottom of every page.
- Our new Home and leisure section combines all our information from the previous sections on At home, Radio, TV and Film and Leisure and culture.
- Our information about reading can be found in two areas. Our Reading section is full of advice and guidance on how you can continue reading and our Reading services section explains all the services we offer such as National library service and Talking Books.
- Our information for parents is in the new Family, friends and carers section.
- Our information for young people is in a dedicated Young people section.
- Information on our schools, college, care homes and supported living accommodation is in the Services we offer section.
- Our Eye Health section now has information on Registering your sight loss, our Eye Health Information Service and Sight loss with other medical conditions.
- Our services for businesses, such as our web access consultancy, accessible information production and advice for retail, transport and finance professionals will be on a new business services website launching in May. In the meantime, you can contact our business services team with any questions at email@example.com
As this is such a big project, we have broken it up in to different parts to ensure we have time to test and refine this new website. We’re now starting phase two of the project which is when we will work on building our new online community such as discussion forums. This means there will be no online community from April through to the end of phase 2, which is due around the summer. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now