We celebrated this year by making the 10 World Book Day titles available in braille and audio!
How to access the books:
- In audio through digital download, which we have provided below.
- In audio through DAISY CD, by visiting the RNIB Library and searching using the numbers provided below or by contacting the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or emailing [email protected].
- In braille, by contacting the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or [email protected] and quoting the numbers provided below.
- Giant print versions are available from Guide Dogs.
All 10 books were available from 22 February 2018.
1. Oi Goat! by Kes Gray
"Oi goat! Put on a coat," said the frog. When asked why, the frog says, "Everyone dresses up on World Book Day." The frog then describes all the different ways various animals dress up in celebration of this special day.
2. My Book About Me by Mr Silly by Adam Hargreaves
What would you write a book about? Mr Silly's story began with himself, but then he decided to include his friends. He knew that if his friends were in the book then they would want to read it, just like you. Enjoy this very silly book about Mr Silly's book!
3. Paddington Turns Detective and Other Funny Stories by Michael Bond
‘Nothing is ever straightforward when Paddington is involved. Whether he is attempting detective work, helping to sail a boat or performing magic, ordinary things have a habit of becoming quite extraordinary. Three classic Paddington Bear stories are brought together for the first time in this special collection for World Book Day 2018.’
4. The Baby Brother from Outer Space! by Pamela Butchart
‘When Haroon's mum brings his baby brother into school, Izzy and her friends are alarmed. The baby is clearly using mind control because the office ladies are being really nice. He spells space words with his blocks and he likes school dinners. But it's when he starts using his alien phone that they know. Haroon's baby brother is from outer space and he's making contact with aliens!’
5. The Bolds' Great Adventure by Julian Clary
‘Fasten your seatbelts, it's a special adventure for World Book Day with Teddington's wildest family! Learn just how our intrepid hyenas managed to get from their African safari park onto the plane and off to their new home in England. It's quite a remarkable, and some would say, unbelievable tale but there are many laughs along the way!’
6. Brain Freeze by Tom Fletcher
Izzy’s grandpa was an ice-cream man, and he used to tell the best stories. There was the one about giving a 99 Flake to a Pharaoh in Ancient Egypt and another about feeding a Fab to a hungry T-Rex. But what if they weren’t just stories? What if that blue ice-cream van had a secret magic of its own?
7. Terry's Dumb Dot Story by Andy Griffiths
Meet Andy and Terry. They make books together in the world's coolest treehouse! But they can't agree on their special story for World Book Day. They have Mr Big Nose keeping an eye on them now, and the story police too!
8. Nadiya's Bake Me a Story - World Book Day edition by Nadiya Hussain
Enter a scrummy world of stories and recipes, all written and devised by Nadiya Hussain. Bake some delicious blueberry and orange soda bread and, while it is in the oven, enjoy the story of Little Red Hen and her friends. Meet some very confused elves in 'The Elves and the Chouxmaker', then make the salmon and green bean curry from the story.
9. The Girl Who Thought She Was a Dog by Clare Balding
Fennel and Twiglet are best friends. They do everything together, from curling up in their basket to playing fetch in the park. Twiglet understands Fennel like no one else, especially her life-long dream of winning Crufts. There's just one problem: Fennel isn't a dog. And a girl can't win a competition for dogs, no matter how much she acts like one. Can she?
10. Marvel Avengers: the Greatest Heroes by Alastair Dougall
'Marvel Avengers: The Greatest Heroes' explores children's favourite Marvel Comics characters including Black Panther, Captain America, Black Widow, Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch and many more. Discover the Avengers' astonishing super powers and awesome costumes. Learn all about the Super Heroes' origins and their important roles on the team.
Explore the different ways of reading and find out how to change someone's life by giving them the freedom to read