World Book Day on 7 March 2019 is all about celebrating the magic of books and reading. RNIB is proud to support World Book Day's mission to give every child and young person a book of their own, by making 14 new titles available in audio (DAISY CD) and braille.
Organised by UNESCO, World Book Day is marked in more than 100 countries around the world, with 2019 being the 22nd year of celebrations.
The theme for this year's World Book Day is "Share a story". World Book Day organisers are encouraging parents, children and young people of all ages to spend at least 10 minutes a day sharing a book together and celebrate reading for pleasure, to reignite the love of the bedtime story and promote wellbeing for everyone.
Reading can open up a world of possibilities and enhance the imagination, which is why it is so important for every child (and adult) to be able to enjoy the books of their choice.
Get one of these World Book Day 2019 titles in DAISY CD or braille for free!
- The Hundred and One Dalmatians: Cruella and Cadpig by Peter Bently, illustrated by Steven Lenton
- Ten Little Bookworms by Mike Brownlow, illustrated by Simon Rickerty
- Hubert Horatio: A Very Fishy Tale by Lauren Child
- LEGO Minifigure Mayhem by Helen Murray and Beth Davies
- Bad Mermaids Meet the Witches by Sibéal Pounder, illustrated by Laura Ellen Anderson and Jason Cockcroft
- Claude: Best in Show by Alex T. Smith
- Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo by Rick Riordan
- The Great Rocket Robbery by Frank Cottrell-Boyce, illustrated by Steven Lenton
- Diary of Greg Heffley’s Best Friend by Jeff Kinney
- Everdark by Abi Elphinstone
- Snap by Patrice Lawrence
- Nought Forever by Malorie Blackman
- Na, Nel! Un tro… by Meleri Wyn James, illustrated by John Lund
- Darllen gyda Cyw by Anni Llŷn, illustrated by Debbie Williams
- Titles can be pre-ordered from 1 February for despatch on 28 February. Orders will be taken until the end of March 2019.
- Titles are also available in large print. To order the English-language titles in large print, contact Guide Dogs by calling 0118 9838275. The Welsh-language titles are available in large print by contacting the RNIB Helpline.
- Only one title per person can be ordered, in one format.
- RNIB thanks the Material World Foundation for generously funding our World Book Day 2019 titles.
Explore the different ways of reading and find out how to change someone's life by giving them the freedom to read