Residential Care

If you're looking for a residential care home, we can help.

We have nearly 150 years of experience providing specialist support to blind and partially sighted people. Our residential care homes have been designed to make life easy, in a warm, homely environment.

Care homes for older people with sight loss

We provide short and long term stays for older people with sight loss in warm, homely residences. We aim to respect your individual needs and wishes, to help you maintain your independence and to make life easier for you.

With activity programmes, chef-prepared meals and tailored care packages, our homes have been designed to ensure that you enjoy your stay and that you receive the right level of support.

Our three care homes are located in beautiful settings around England:

Dorothy's Story

Meet Dorothy, one of our residents at RNIB Tate House in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. Hear how she enjoys living an interesting life at the age of 92. 

Visit us

The best way for you to find out about our care homes is to visit us and have a look around. We welcome visits from potential residents, their families and professionals.

To book your visit, complete our enquiry form on this page, get in touch with the relevant care home (see above links for details) or call our helpline on 0303 123 9999. 

RNIB Community Living Service

Our Community Living Service offers residential care and supported living to adults aged 18-65 with sight loss and additional needs, including learning disabilities. We are based in Surrey.

Care for children and young people

We also offer specialist care to children and young people who are blind or partially sighted with additional disabilities. This includes day-time activities, respite care, short breaks, and longer-term residential care. These are available to children and young people whether or not they attend our schools or college. Find out more about our schools, college and residences.

Make an enquiry

You can make an enquiry to our care homes and supported living and housing services with our short form below.