We offer a range of therapies to children and young people with multiple disabilities and complex health needs at RNIB Pears Centre for Specialist Learning in Coventry.
Specialist therapies for children and young people
Our range of therapies enables children and young people to access the curriculum and leisure activities more effectively, and to maintain and extend their skills and capabilities.
The following approaches are part of our provision at RNIB Pears Centre:
- speech and language therapy
- water therapy
- music and creative therapy
- occupational therapy
- habilitation and mobility
- proactive behaviour management
- clinical psychology
- complementary therapy.
What our therapy team offer
Our on-site therapy team can provide:
- individual programmes of hydrotherapy and physiotherapy
- assessment and guidance in relation to postural and seating equipment
- support for the management of programmes to address challenging behaviour
- individual programmes to enhance and facilitate communication
- guidance in eating and drinking
- advice on the use of augmentative systems of communication
- support for communication and the expression of feelings and emotions through music
- advice and training for staff in moving and handling techniques.