The safety and wellbeing of the children at RNIB Pears Centre continues to be our number one priority. We are working closely with Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to improve our service at RNIB Pears Centre and we’re doing absolutely everything we can to put things right.
- Leadership – we have a team of senior leaders who are working proactively to make sure we’re doing everything it takes to put things right at Pears Centre. Our Interim Chief Executive and Chair are personally overseeing this.
- Management – we have been working closely with CQC to make the necessary changes and to put the required measures in place. We have appointed four experienced Care Managers with identified strategic lead responsibility for 'behaviour management'; 'quality assurance'; 'participation and activities'; and 'training and development'. In addition to this new Care Management Improvement Team we have recruited both a dedicated Clinical Locality Manager for Bungalow 5 and a Safeguarding Locality Manager for the Pears Care service.
- Service Improvement Plan – we continue to implement and review our Service Improvement Plan to ensure that we’re doing absolutely everything we can to make significant improvements and ensure we are offering the very best care and support.
- Our independent review – recruitment for the Chair of our Independent Review is in progress. We are working closely with the Charity Commission to ensure the Review is robust and thoroughly examines all the circumstances that led to this situation. We are fully committed to implementing all of the recommendations.
- If you have any questions about this news, you can call the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or email [email protected].
- Read about the inquiry on the Charity Commission website.