Skydiving is the sensory experience of a lifetime. The magnificent aerial views of Earth, the unique sensation of freefalling through the sky as the wind rushes past your ears, and the overwhelming emotion as your parachute releases and you glide back to solid ground.
We want everyone to join us for this challenge. Whether you're blind, partially sighted, or sighted we want all our RNIB skydivers to support each other and face their fears together. Everyone will jump with a trained instructor which means no one will go it alone.
How does your fundraising help?
Every day, 250 people in the UK start losing their sight and their lives will change completely. Too many people still face isolation and depression, unable to achieve their potential in a world that blocks their way.
But we won’t stop until every last psychological and physical barrier has gone for good – from classrooms to workplaces, from local shops to far-flung holidays. By jumping with Team RNIB, together we can smash through the barriers that stop people with sight loss thriving.
How does it work?
Sign up and pay your registration fee to our event partners, Skyline Parachuting.
Send 80% of your sponsorship (£380) directly to RNIB at least 2 weeks before your skydive and the remaining 20% (£95) 6 weeks after your jump.
We’ll pay for your skydive costs out of your sponsorship money, with the remainder supporting people with sight loss.
What support will you receive?
Team RNIB skydivers receive outstanding support:
Expert and personalised support from our friendly events team
A fundraising pack bursting with top tips
An RNIB t-shirt and fundraising materials
What to expect?
Check out our event brochure from 2018 to find out what’s in store.