Our Children and Family Services Team work directly with children and young people who are blind and partially sighted and their families across Wales.
We also support and work with other professionals and organisations.
Direct support for children, young people and families
How we can help:
- We can provide regular information, advice and guidance as well as practical resources and materials
- We can meet up for a chat at home, hospital or wherever is convenient and provide practical and emotional support based on your needs
- We can help you access services within your local community and liaise with other agencies and professionals on your behalf
- We can provide advice about education and support you with our advocacy services when things don’t seem to be right
- We run fun events and activities that will help you meet other families in similar situations eg family weekends, day trips, activity sessions.
- We deliver confidence building activities, including residential opportunities for children and young people across Wales
Supporting professionals and organisations
How we can help:
- We can provide regular information, advice and guidance as well as practical resources and materials to help support your service delivery
- We can provide quality training sessions for your organisation based on your identified needs
- You can refer families to us so that we can deliver support directly to families or work together jointly to offer a more effective service
- We can attend events and information sharing sessions to talk about the work that we do and provide relative information
- We produce a newsletter that other organisations can contribute to in order to promote the work that they are doing
- We can deliver specific training in line with the ‘Early Support’ ethos, delivery and materials
Contacting the team
If you would like to know more about the services we provide please contact: