Preparing for a job interview? Read our list of advice points and discover links to further job seeking support and resources.
Going to a job interview can be a stressful experience, but you will find it much easier if you have spent time preparing in advance.
These are some top tips for you to consider before attending an interview.
- Arrange any adjustments in advance. For example, if you have to complete a test you may need a large print version.
- Plan your journey and know what transport links you need to catch. You're unlikely to get the job if you are late.
- Make sure you know about the Access to Work Scheme.
- Dress appropriately.
- Be confident and practise good posture.
- Research the organisation and content of the job.
- Re-read your application form.
- Research and think about who is interviewing you.
- Think about what questions you might be asked and plan your response.
- Think about your disclosure strategy.
- Prepare some questions to ask at the end of the interview
Further information about interview preparation and performance is available in our main Employment section.