Our offices in England
The main RNIB offices in England are based in London and Peterborough, we also have specialist Talking Books studios in London.
In England RNIB works with Action for Blind People to offer help and support for anyone affected by sight loss. We often share offices and deliver services together. In Action for Blind People's local resource centres and shops you can try out and buy products, and your local Action regional team can help you access support and services from both Action and RNIB across England.
RNIB’s office in London
Our London office is in central London at 105 Judd Street, London WC1H 9NE. To contact reception phone: 020 7388 1266.
Services in our London office
Our London office is home to many services for blind and partially sighted people in London and the South East:
- Action for Blind People's London and South East Resource Centre and Shop - drop in and try out the wide range of products in our shop. From tactile watches to talking scales, braille games to audio books.
- Action for Blind People's London and South East regional team - we offer help and training covering employment, technology, children's services and post-16 education.
- Action for Blind People’s Low Vision Centre - we provide a specialist rehabilitation service for people who have been diagnosed as having low vision to get the help they need by looking at their everyday needs and difficulties.
- Action for Blind People's Disabled Students' Allowances assessment centre
- RNIB's research library
Travelling to RNIB’s London office
The nearest train and Underground stations to Judd Street are:
- Euston (East Coast trains to Scotland via Peterborough, Doncaster, Leeds and York)
- King's Cross
- St Pancras/International (Eurostar and East Midlands and First Capital Connect)
- Russell Square Underground station.
These are all accessible by lift.
A number of buses have automatic on-board announcements which state the name of the approaching stop. On west-bound buses the label for the stop closest to Judd Street is 'St Pancras International'; on east-bound buses it is 'British Library'.
There are numerous buses that stop close to King's Cross/St Pancras. You should check Transport for London’s accessible online Journey Planner to help work out your route.
Travelling by car
There is disabled parking outside the building and an NCP public car park on Judd Street. Please note that RNIB is situated within the Congestion Charge zone.
RNIB's office in Peterborough
Our Peterborough office is home to some of RNIB's specialist services including our accessibility services.
The full address for this office is RNIB Peterborough, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough PE2 6XU.
The Peterborough site is designed to allow easy access for staff and visitors, with its tactile paths and colour contrasts to the walkways of the building.
You can contact RNIB Peterborough by our main helpline: 0303 123 9999 or email: email@example.com
We're here to help
Our Helpline is your direct line to the support, advice, and products you need to face the future with confidence. If you or someone you know has a sight problem, our specialist advice workers can help.Contact Us