Blind and partially sighted people come from every section of the community and sight loss affects people of all ages. Each is a unique individual. However there are some common issues and challenges that affect blind and partially sighted people in particular age groups.
About our evidence-based reviews
Every year RNIB publishes Sight loss UK, which reviews the evidence we have about the lives of people living with sight loss. Our Evidence-based reviews look in more detail at the experiences of blind and partially sighted people in different age groups. They include a profile of the group, the policies that govern and impact upon their lives, and a commentary on what the evidence tells us.
Children and young people
- Evidence-based review: Children and young people (PDF, 413 KB)
- Evidence-based review: Children and young people (Word, 167 KB)
People of Working Age
- Evidence-based review: People of working age (PDF, 404 KB)
- Evidence-based review: People of working age (Word, 163 KB)
- Evidence-based review: Older people (PDF, 485 KB)
- RNIB Evidence based review on older people 0-1.doc (Word, 226.5 KB)
- Evidence-based_review:_Older_people_(226.5 KB)
Right now we can only reach one in three of the people who need our help most. Please make a donation and help us support more blind and partially sighted people.Donate now